Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 2 09 8:59 AM

Tags : :

Many of you encounter problems with patch 1.1 and Vista. If it does not work try going to properties (right click) then to compatibility and then change "run as" to "Windows XP".

Alternative solution by Hugh:

Run the installer untill you get up to the error message and dont close it! Go to your IC folder (Default = /C:Program Files:Microsoft Games: Impossible Creatures) There should be a new file in there called "Impossible Creatures" but it will have a different Icon (3 Squares - Coloured Red, Yellow and Blue). Copy and paste this file into your desktop then click OK for the error message to go away. Now run the program you just copied. Should work... did for me. BTW, Its stops at 27% for a while, just leave it even if it says its not responding.

Also, you might have trouble with Insect Invasion. Just right click the extractor for Insect Invasion and click Properties. Go to the compatability tab at the top of the window and tick the box next to "Run this program as administrator". After this it should work fine. Good Luck!

Should this not work or should you have an additional solution, please post in this topic.

Silence is golden, duct tape is silver.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jun 19 09 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Riker @ June 18, 2009 12:28 pm)
there was topic on this problem, there was a solution, and it was explained in much detail, and it worked.

yeah it seems older threads just disappear, even when you set the controls to include threads from the beginning, they still don't show up...

Revan, what's up with that? A lot of old info is being lost on this forum...

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 19 09 7:02 PM

Sorry about the topics, was some setting I did not know about, fixed it now, please report to me if it occurs anywhere else and I'll have it fixed

As for the problem, I added Hugh's solution from the old topic (presuming that's the one you meant) to this one.

Silence is golden, duct tape is silver.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 20 09 2:00 AM

Here's another solution:

• GO to control panel
  • Go to User Accounts and family safety
  • Go to User Accounts
  • GO to Make changes to your user account (it might already be there)
  • GO to turn User account control on or off
  • Untick the box
  • Try running the patch.

Cutest avatar on the planet.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 7 09 11:29 AM

Huh i cant install the 1,1 patch too but the problem is different...the installing doesnt even start... it goes to retrieving resources or something thne it just stops.

WELCUM TAE EH SYT TROOPS JOOST TAE LET YEES NO THT THE RUCHILL BOYZ RUN THE FUKIN SHOW

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 4 10 2:02 AM

QUOTE (Revan @ June 02, 2009 08:59 am)
Many of you encounter problems with patch 1.1 and Vista. If it does not work try going to properties (right click) then to compatibility and then change "run as" to "Windows XP".

Run the installer untill you get up to the error message and dont close it! Go to your IC folder (Default = /C:Program Files:Microsoft Games: Impossible Creatures) There should be a new file in there called "Impossible Creatures" but it will have a different Icon (3 Squares - Coloured Red, Yellow and Blue). Copy and paste this file into your desktop then click OK for the error message to go away. Now run the program you just copied. Should work... did for me. BTW, Its stops at 27% for a while, just leave it even if it says its not responding.

Also, you might have trouble with Insect Invasion. Just right click the extractor for Insect Invasion and click Properties. Go to the compatability tab at the top of the window and tick the box next to "Run this program as administrator". After this it should work fine. Good Luck!

Should this not work or should you have an additional solution, please post in this topic.

I Can't find compability where is is?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 4 10 2:07 AM

QUOTE (Revan @ June 02, 2009 08:59 am)

It stops at 56% it says "olf file does not exist"

NO!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 1 10 7:17 PM

I just looked @ the first page if there was a way to fix my problem but i found none .
I have vista and i downloaded the IC_Patch_101_English.msi file. I couldn't open it , " The first window came up when i opened "Please wait while Windows configures Impossible Creatures 1.0.1 - Time remaining: 0 seconds ".
Then a second window popped up "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Then i saw in a post something about "The converter". I tried that too. but when i tried to make it an .exe file a window popped up XD. named "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and said "Debug assertion Failed! and then some shit more
HEEEELP! <3

Warcraft 3 / Sheep TaG FTW! :D

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Mar 2 10 5:28 PM

QUOTE (SHEePYTaGGeRNeP @ March 01, 2010 07:17 pm)
I just looked @ the first page if there was a way to fix my problem but i found none .
I have vista and i downloaded the IC_Patch_101_English.msi file. I couldn't open it , " The first window came up when i opened "Please wait while Windows configures Impossible Creatures 1.0.1 - Time remaining: 0 seconds ".
Then a second window popped up "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Then i saw in a post something about "The converter". I tried that too. but when i tried to make it an .exe file a window popped up XD. named "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and said "Debug assertion Failed! and then some shit more
HEEEELP! <3

nvm, i just installed it on a friend's pc then put it on my usb =)

Warcraft 3 / Sheep TaG FTW! :D

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 9 11 3:30 AM

Friendly bump!

On Windows 7:

Right click 'IC_Patch_101_English' and click Troubleshoot Compatibility. After running this, just click through, and it should require you to restart your computer. Once you restart, right click on your Insect Invasion update, click 'Run as administrator'. It should allow you to update your game. To play, just run the Impossible Creatures Insect Invasion shortcut now found in your Impossible Creatures folder. 8)

Worked for me- had to figure it out on my own because a certain Impossible Creatures forum I lurk at didn't have the answer so I could play on my new laptop. :P

Allons-y!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help